Breakfast in Bed Threads: Poached Pears with Homemade Granola and Maple Yogurt
This is a recipe that, at first glance, looks like it's been plucked from the pages of an expertly crafted wellness guide — but make no mistake; this breakfast bowl is utterly decadent. Sweet, supple poached pears are perfectly balanced with the crunch and unmistakable texture of home-made granola, finished with a sumptuous yet subtle maple vanilla yoghurt. No need to thank us, we do it out of love.
Ingredients for Poached Pears
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks snapped in half
- 1 vanilla pod. Cut into 4 long strips
- 4 firm pears of your choice, peeled
- Mix wine, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla into a medium size pot and heat slowly until the sugar has disintegrated, and mixes in with the other ingredients.
- Add the pears and leave under they become soft, although if they are quite ripe it won't take you the full half hour.
- Once these are cooked, cool the pears down in the fridge while you prepare the other elements of the dish.
Ingredients for the Home-Made Maple Granola
- 8 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of walnuts coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil or coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees place baking paper down.
- Mix the oats, maple syrup, walnuts, oil and salt together.
- Spread mixture out over a baking sheet, and put it in the oven for 45 minutes (can be slightly short or longer, depending on how crunchy you'd like the mix).
- Once you're satisfied, stir the granola and return to the oven for 7-15 minutes, until the mix is golden.
- Cool on the baking sheet.
- Then, stir in cranberries or whichever dried fruit you'd like to mix in. (Apples work well, too.)
Maple Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl
- Mix and serve!
How to put this all together?
- Get a bowl.
- Place yogurt at the bottom of the bowl.
- Place a pear in the centre of the bowl.
- Add granola.
- Add teaspoon of pear syrup around your bowl.
- Eat and enjoy!