Bed Threads. has an outstanding opportunity for a talented digital journalist/ writer/ editor.
As the content lead at Bed Threads, it is your role to shape the direction and generate engaging and original copy for the website, articles for our Journal, email newsletters and social media content. On occasion, you will be required to organise photoshoots and interview talent.
To be a successful contender, you must be organised and detail-orientated with a keen interest in design, lifestyle, wellness and, of course, sleep.
Your main duties include:
- Writing, Editing and Commissioning Content for the Bed Threads Journal.
- Writing Articles and Press Releases for PR opportunities that may arise, on behalf of Bed Threads.
- General content and copy creation for the Bed Threads website.
- Social Media Content Creation.
- Copy for Bed Threads marketing campaigns.
- Curating the Bed Threads e-newsletters.
- Overseeing the Editorial Calendar and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- General office duties and support tasks.
The requirements for this role include:
- A degree or other relevant qualification in journalism, media, PR or publishing.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Editing experience and a portfolio of previous work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of social media and writing for digital platforms.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of tasks.
- An ability to work among a team and independently in order to help this rapidly-growing start-up flourish.
Bed Threads. is a rapidly growing start-up and currently the only bedding brand in Australia that offers pure, 100% French Flax Linen at an accessible price point. Our signature Bedding Set includes everything you need to sleep well—two pillowcases, a duvet cover and a fitted sheet—delivered free, Australia-wide.
Job Type: Part-Time – 3 Days a Week.
To apply, email a copy of your CV and three relevant pieces of your writing to email@example.com. Applications close July 21 2019.
Looking for a different role?
If you’d like to work with us, drop us a line with your CV and some examples of your work at firstname.lastname@example.org.