Breakfast in Bed Threads: The Ultimate Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
Few foods evoke nostalgia and comfort like pancakes — especially the home-made kind — can. And, while syrup-drenched breakfasts have long been replaced with poached eggs and pressed juices, this is a sweet and simple option that'll have you longing for a time when Instagramming such a beautiful feed just wasn't an option...
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 and a ½ cup of wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 lemon for zesting
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons ofvegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk or your milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 punnet of fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Warm up a pan.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest, and salt.
3. Add the egg, milk, oil, and lemon juice into a 'well' in the middle of the flour.
4. Mix together until combined, although a few lumps are totally fine!
5. Mix in ½ the punnet of blueberries.
6. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot buttered pan, and, once it's ¾ cooked, add a few blueberries to each pancake. Then, flip it over briefly.
7. Serve the pancakes in a stack and drizzle with maple syrup.
8. Dust with powdered sugar... and enjoy!