Breakfast in Bed Threads: A Classic Apple Tart
Skip the lines (and give the crowds a miss) at your local bakery today. This simple apple tart recipe is the real deal, with the perfect ratio of crunch to softness, finished with a generous serving of powdered sugar. Best enjoyed in bed, the only thing you'll have to add is perfectly brewed coffee... so we might have to go back on that thing we said about avoiding the bakery, if that's where you get yours. (Sorry.)
Serves: 4 Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 whole of puff pastry, defrosted and cut in half
- 5 whole apples peeled and sliced super fine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degreed.
- Place the puff pastry onto your baking tray.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, cinnamon to the apples and stir them together gently.
- Leave them for a few minutes to let the flavours soak into the apples.
- Place the apples on top of the pastry and line them up nicely, over lapping each other for texture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is nice and golden brown.
- Once the pastry is finished, dust heavily with powdered sugar.